Friday, November 30, 2007

Coconut chutney - the Kerala way...

Ingredients:

Coconut grated - 1cup
1 medium sized onion cut into quarters
Garlic - 2 cloves
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Mint leaves - 10-12 leaves
Curry leaves- 2-3
Green chilies - 3-4
Salt to taste
Lemon - 1 small (squeeze juice)

In a hot pan, with a teaspoon of oil, saute all the ingredients except lemon for 3-5 mins. Then grind all the ingredients except lemon to a fine paste. Mix limejuice to the ground chutney and serve with dosa, idli, vada or any breakfast item.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cook! Thanks for this site. Fill it up soon with more recipes. I enjoy your Orkut community too.

By the way, I tried this chutney and it was just so simple to make but great in taste. I made this with pesarattu and my new roommates thought I was big time into cooking ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...thanks for your advice. Send in any recipes that you've tried and tested out. I am sure they're palatable.